Tuesday 18 May 2021

No fear in love

 

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. 1 John 4.18

 

God has not given us a spirit of fear but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. We read that back in 2 Timothy. Fear and love are not compatible. You can’t have both in the same place.

 

There is a Majesty Music song that says ‘how can I fear, Jesus is near, He ever watches over me. Worries all cease, He gives me peace.’

 

If we truly accept that God loves us we are going to know that He knows what is best for us. If He loves us we trust Him because we rely on His love and we are not going to be afraid.

 

I guess it could be said that if I walk in fear I really don’t believe God loves me. At least that’s what it indicates.

 

Fear is not of God. It is especially not of God’s love. How indeed can I fear?  

No comments: