Friday 29 January 2021

I am bought

 

(Redeemed) with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot. – 1 Peter 1.19

 

Why should we live these holy lives we are challenged to live? Why is it such a big deal? We are told over and over that we need to live this kind of lives in the word of God, but why?

 

Why?

 

Because we have been bought with a price. We are bought with the precious blood of Christ. Therefore we belong to Him. He bought us back from sin and we ought the glorify Him in our bodies and our spirits which belong to Him. The price He paid to redeem us is the precious blood of Christ. Our sins cost Jesus His all. Our lives show the value of His sacrifice. 

 

He has made me holy. All that put together means that I need to live in a way that reflects His holiness to a world that surely will make a difference.

 

I am His. May every part of my life reflect the fact that I belong to Jesus!

No comments: