Thursday 28 January 2021

Be holy

 as obedient children, not conforming yourselves to the former lusts, as in your ignorance; but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, because it is written, “Be holy, for I am holy.” – 1 Peter 1.14-16

 

Don’t conform to the ways of the world and our former lusts.

 

Instead be holy in all your conduct.

 

Holy living is not something we hear a lot about today. We certainly don’t hear anything about it in the world and sadly it is rare enough in the church. Tragically we too often just go back to the world and our own lusts instead of striving to holiness in our daily lives.

 

I was declared holy with all the holiness of Christ the day I accepted Him as Saviour. One day I will enjoy all the blessings of that holiness when I get to heaven.

 

In the meantime, while here on this earth, I am called to live a holy life in a world which is anything but holy. It is by God enabled holy living that the world sees what Jesus can do in a life.

 

We may be mocked and ridiculed for making holy choices. I think the reason is that people know their lives are not what they should be.

 

Be holy as God is holy. Make a difference in and to the world around us.

No comments: