Saturday 19 September 2020

Refreshing hearts

 

For we have great joy and consolation in your love, because the hearts of the saints have been refreshed by you, brother. Philemon 1.7

 

I love the guys who are talked about as refreshers. Being around Philemon made the saints feel refreshed and rested. They were energised to go on for Christ. People felt better after being with Philemon. These were tough days for the church, but ‘the hearts of the saints’ were always refreshed by Philemon’s spirit.

 

Philemon’s love for brethren caused Paul great comfort and consoled him that God was blessing his ministry by being a great comforter and a refresher of the saints.

 

That’s a character aspect that I long for. I really want people to feel better for spending time with me. I don’t want people to feed seeing me. I don’t want to drag people down. I want people to always be lifted up.

 

The only way for me to lift others up is if I am being constantly refreshed by God’s Holy Spirit. The only way I can be refreshed by the Holy Spirit is by spending time in His word.

 

My devotions are not just for me. My desire is to use what I get to bless others.

No comments: