Monday 28 September 2020

Not ashamed

 

For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren, - Hebrews 2:11

 

There are a lot of titles for Jesus. He is our Master and our Saviour and our Hope and the Lion of Judah and the Lamb of God and the Light of the World and Immanuel and so so many more.

 

But there is one name that is kind of special in a personal way Jesus is our brother.

 

Isn’t that something. We are His brothers and even more than that He says He is not ashamed to call us His brethren.

 

Can you imagine that?  Here the Bible says that Jesus is not ashamed to call us His brothers and sisters. I am sure I have given my brothers and sisters more than cause to be ashamed of me throughout my life. I have done plenty to earn it.

 

But despite all of my failings Jesus is not ashamed to call me his brother.

No comments: