Friday 18 September 2020

Love and faith for God and tbe saints

hearing of your love and faith which you have toward the Lord Jesus and toward all the saints, - Philemon 1.5

Philemon is a blessing. Though not well ln he still has a character that was well known he was well spoken of. 

I like the twin traits mention here, that play out as four separate things. 

He loved the Lord

He was faithful to he Lord

He loved the saints

He was faithful to the saints

That kind of looks like the summary of the Law doesn’t it? Love God and love other. 

The best way to prove that I love God is by loving others. I can say I love God all I want, but if I don’t love others I prove myself a liar. The best way to prove my faith in God is to be ever faithful to others.  My love and faith and love for others should reflect my relationship with Jesus. 


No comments: