Thursday 12 December 2019

With Christ

Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: - Ephesians 2.5-6

Again – we were dead in sin, BUT GOD quickened us in His grace and and not only that He raised up together with Christ and allowed us to sit in heavenly places in Christ.

There is so much here. We could pause and look at ‘for by grace we are saved’ but Paul is going to cover that in more detail later. We’ve talked about being raised up.

The words I want to focus on are words ‘with Christ.’

Raised up together with Christ reminds us that our new life is in Him. It is no longer just about me. My life is now with Christ no matter where I go or what I do. My new life with Him means that my life is going to be different.

I am with Him at work and at play and church and at home. I am with Christ in good times and bad. I have to ask myself if my life reflects that my new life is truly with Christ.

I do all I do with Him by my side. Do people see that life in such a way that see Christ with me?

No comments: