Friday 13 December 2019

Rooted and built up

rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, as you have been taught, abounding in it with thanksgiving – Ephesians 2.7

And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season;
his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

We find this verse near the very beginning of Psalm 1. The word of God is so perfect and so complete that they tie perfectly into these words from Paul in Ephesians.

Because of our rooting we can be assured that our work will bear fruit one day if we do not quit. One day God is going to honour our service because we are rooted in Him and not on our abilities.

My roots are set deeply in Christ and nothing else. In Him I find my stability and my daily sustenance that allows me to bear fruit with abundance.

Rooted deeply I have all the the strength I need to be built up and growing in Christ.

No comments: