Wednesday 11 December 2019

But God

But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), - Ephesians 2.4

But God.
But God.
But God.
But God.
But God.

I could type those words all day long for their impact and importance. I can get teary eyed every time I read them. They are amazing, astounding, astonishing and awesome. Those two words make all the difference in the world, and by the way, in eternity.

We all walked according to the course of this world and our sins had condemned us to a godless eternity. This was our course of life and we could do no other. We were captive to our lusts and passions and our transgressions and our sin. We had NO HOPE in this world. We were doomed here and  for eternity.

BUT GOD!!!

Rich in mercy!
Because of the great love with which He LOVED US!

…even while we were dead in our sins MADE US ALIVE together WITH CHRIST!!!!!

How?

For by GRACE you are SAVED through FAITH.

Those truths, pardon my vernacular here, blow me away, but they are all precipitated by those two wonderful words – let me say then again – BUT GOD!!!

Where would I be without ‘but God?’

No comments: