Saturday 23 November 2019

Redeemed

In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace – Ephesians 1.7

Redeemed how I love to proclaim it. Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb. Redeemed through His infinite mercy, His child and forever I am.

What amazing and powerful words about one of the key aspects of salvation. Before Christ I was trapped in the slave-market of sin. My redemption price was so high that no man could ever pay it. The wages for sin was death so the price of redemption is the shedding of blood- but it had to be the blood and the perfect unflawed sinless One.

We are redeemed by the blood of Christ. We are freed from the captivity of sin. We are bought back and brought into a proper relationship with God. My redemption is a great gift. The word reminds  that my salvation had a cost, but that God chose to pay the price.

I’ve been redeemed by the blood of Lamb. I’ve been redeemed and I know am. I’ve been redeemed by the blood of the Lamb saved from sin and I know I am.

No comments: