Friday 29 November 2019

Faith and love

Therefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, do not cease to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers: - Ephesians 1.15-16

Paul had a great relationship with the people in Ephesus. He had spent a long time ministering to them and serving with them He must have been thrilled when he heard the testimony of them that he had left behind. Particularly he had heard about their ‘faith in the Lord Jesus and love for all the saints.’

What a wonderful testimony they had and what an  example for all of us.

I wonder sometimes what people think of me. Not in that way, but I wonder how my testimony appears to others. I wonder if people would think of me as a man of faith and love, or would something else come to mind?

Faith and how it helps us deal with trials and love and how we deal with people are two key ways for us to be a good testimony. People watch us to see if we believe what we say. Our faith in God and our love for each other will demonstrate to others the reality of or relationship with God.

No comments: