Friday 15 November 2019

Don't be weary...you will reap

And let us not grow weary in well doing for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith. – Galatians 6.9-10

Don’t grow weary in doing well, for in due season you will reap if you do not not faint.

I can’t begin to describe how much this verse has meant to me through the years. I remember one time in particular back in 2002. We are been struggling along here in Naas for about four years. We had a small group of believers – but in one weekend we lost everyone but our family.

Of course I was down, discouraged, despondent, and even depressed. I was ready to pack up and go back to Alabama.

Then I did my morning devotions and came across Galatians 6.9 – ‘don’t grow weary…you will reap.’ Mary and I did our devotions. Part of the devotions was ‘don’t be weary…you will reap.’ In our family devotions we read 'don’t be weary…you will reap.’ In the evening I did bedtime devotions and, well you can guess it.

That verse has never lost its impact. We have had many tough times since then. Over and over my heart and my mind go back to that day. It is a milestone. It is a pillar of stones in the midst of the Jordan. It is my Bethel. It is my memorial stone.

We will reap. When? Who knows. It may be soon. It may be years. It may not be till I get to heaven.

But we will reap – if we just don’t quit.

No comments: