Thursday 28 November 2019

My guarantee

In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory. – Ephesians 1.13-14

I’ve been saved a while now and been to Bible college and seminary and preacher’s meetings and I’ve had loads of theological discussions. I’m at a disadvantage there because I don’t consider myself a true theologian. I don’t know all the ins and outs and outs. I don’t know. For example, what a kind of lapserian I am or if I am one.

Therefore I don’t know enough to discuss or debate a lot of issues. There is however one topic where try as I might I can’t see the other side.

I can’t understand how people think that we can lose our salvation once we genuinely have it. We are held is Jesus’ hand, he says, we are held in the Father’s hands, and we are sealed by the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit is the guarantee of my salvation, and mot just for now. He guarantees my salvation till my redemption is complete. He does this for the praise of the glory of God.

If I had to keep my own salvation I would have failed a hundred times over. I know my faults and weaknesses. When I realise that my salvation is secure I realise that it is only because God saved me and His Holy Spirit seals my inheritance and preserves it in heaven without spot or blemish.

Thank God for this wonderful that saves me now and forever!

No comments: