Wednesday 23 October 2019

You have put on Christ

For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise. – Galatians 3.27-29

If you are baptised into Christ you have put on Christ.

What does that mean in our everyday life? What does it mean to have put on Christ?

I think about it this way. I think about it being as simple as what we wear when we go out. It is how we present ourselves to the world around us. What do people see when they see me in this world. Do people see me as a typical man of this world? Do they see me as someone entangles in the affairs of this world. In this social media age what do they see of me on Facebook? When people see my page do they seen a reflection of me or of Christ.

Do people see me as different from the world? I need the world to see be dressed in Jesus’ righteousness and love and compassion and caring and humility. If I truly have put on Christ it is going to be clear in my life.

No comments: