Sunday 13 October 2019

Christ in me

I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain.” 
– Galatians 2.20-21

So I am crucifed with Christ. The hold on me is dead. If I am dead, how do I live?

Christ lives in me now. He has taken my place. I am empowered by Him to live a new life. Instead of Roger being on the throne of my heart Jesus sits on that throne and He rules. If Jesus truly lives in me then my new life reflects Him and His glory.

Christ in me is my hope of glory. Christ is me changes everything.

There is an ancient prayer usually attributed to Patrick of Ireland. I don’t where it came from or if Patrick had anything to do with it but it really summarises what ‘Christ lives in me’ means.

Christ with me,
Christ before me,
Christ behind me,
Christ in me,
Christ beneath me,
Christ above me,
Christ on my right,
Christ on my left,
Christ when I lie down,
Christ when I sit down,
Christ when I arise,
Christ in the heart of every man who thinks of me,
Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks of me,
Christ in every eye that sees me,
Christ in every ear that hears me.

Does that sound anything like what role Christ plays in our lives?

The only way that the world is going to see Christ is through you and me and Christ in us.

No comments: