Sunday 6 October 2019

Called by grace

But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb and called me through His grace, to reveal His Son in me, that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately confer with flesh and blood, nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me; but I went to Arabia, and returned again to Damascus. -Galatians 1.15-17


Called by the grace of God. In this big debate about works and grace Paul kep going back to the importance of grace and its working in lives.

Grace is pervasive and prevelant in the Christian’s life. We were saved by grace, we live by grace, and one day we will die in God’s grace.

When we think about our lives and sometimes get down or discouraged about where God has put us we can forget that we are where we are by the grace of God. By the grace of God we are what we are.It many not be clear yet what God had for us, but the day will come when it all makes perfect sense.

Meanwhile, by faith we can rejoice that God’s grace has allowed us to be where we are and we can be sure that He has a plan in line with His grace.

No comments: