Monday 30 July 2018

Jesus is coming

Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not. – Luke 12.40

When I was saved back in 1974 the Second Coming of Christ was one of the things that the churches I went to focused on all the time. We had prophecy conferences and prophecy Sundays and books and periodicals and even movies and films all about the Second Coming. Christian publishers could sell any book that featured exciting accounts of what the Rapture and Tribulation and Second Coming and millennial reign of Christ were going to be like. All kinds of technological advances were seen as the Mark of the Beast and political and economic leaders were scrutinised the see if they might be the Antichrist.

I don’t see as much of that kind of thing any more. Maybe we were just overwhelmed with is and when none of it came we kind of kind tired of it.

And that’s sad because the truth is that the Son of man is still coming, and an hour when we don’t think it is going to happen. I wish I could say that I was solid in my mind about how all that is going to work out but I don’t. This I do know – Jesus is coming back as certainly as the day John wrote ‘even so come Lord Jesus’ and as Patrick wrote ‘I wait for the soon advent of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.’

I am through trying to figure it all out. Jesus is coming and He wants me to stay faithful and keep loving Him, loving others, and sharing the gospel till He comes again. 

No comments: