Friday 23 December 2016

I will pray

As for me, I will call upon God, And the LORD shall save me. Evening and morning and at noon I will pray, and cry aloud, And He shall hear my voice. He has redeemed my soul in peace from the battle that was against me, For there were many against me. God will hear, and afflict them, Even He who abides from of old. Selah. Because they do not change, Therefore they do not fear God. – Psalm 55.16-19

‘I will call upon my God, and the Lord will save me. Evening and morning and at noon will I pray and cry aloud and He shall hear my voice.’

Amazing words of great confidence are here for us to claim as our own. Prayer is a powerful that a lot of us access far too seldom. God offers us the chance to prayer and the Bible is full of pray-ers.

Despite all the prayers and the pray-ers in the word of God far too many of us still struggle in the area of prayer. For some reason prayer gets relegated to emergencies special needs or prayer times at church or something like that.

How many of us have absolute confidence that says ‘I will call upon the Lord and my God will hear me?’ I’m not talking about just a mental acknowledgement, but real knowledge that when I call on Him He will hear me. I have to ask myself if my first response to every situation is to call on the Lord. Do I faithfully pray evening and morning and at noon? Do I seek to defeat fear in my prayers.

Instead of panicking during hard times and great opposition God’s people have historically prayed.

Dear Father, help me renew my commitment to pray – evening and morning and at noon.

No comments: