Friday 27 May 2016

My Lord is alive


"The LORD lives! Blessed be my Rock! Let God be exalted, The Rock of my salvation! – 2 Samuel 22.47

This is a blessed phrase that David is going to repeat in the Psalms. The verse is almost exactly repeated in Psalm 18. You can sense the sheer joy he expresses as He can finally rest that he is the king of the land.

The Lord lives!
Blessed be my Rock!
Let God be exalted – He is my Rock of salvation!

Wow - that's exciting isn’t it?

First – my Lord is alive. That sounds pretty simple, right? Why then do we so often live like He is dead? We walk around in gloom and doom and despair even though God is alive and active and on His throne.

Second, the Lord is my Rock – my place of stability.

Every time I read David and other writers in the Bible talk about the ‘Rock’ my mind's eye goes to one of two place – the Rock of Cashel and Edinburgh Castle. Both of these are massive ancient structures which were built into mountains of solid rock. When you see this image it is a reminder of the great security that we find only in Him.

And therefore thirdly He deserves to be exalted in my life. Instead of walking around in doom and gloom I ought to walking on clouds because of Who my God is. Only then can I draw men to Him.

No comments: