Sunday 1 February 2009

What can man do to me?

So we may boldly say: "The Lord is my helper, I will not fear. What can man do to me? – Hebrews 13v6

 What is the result of the fact that the Lord is with us and will not leave us? The answer is here in verse six. We can now proclaim with confidence that God is our helper and because He is our helper we don’t have to be afraid of anything, man can do nothing to us outside of God’s divine plans. 

It is so easy to be afraid of our situations and circumstances. When we look around it can indeed be very scary. Things are changing and it seems like everything we have put our confidence is collapsing. 

But there is one source of confidence that will not collapse or fail. There is one source of confidence that never changes. The omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent and eternal King of kings and Lord of lords is still my helper. We won’t leave and He won’t forsake.

What do I have to fear with Him as my helper? 


No comments: