Monday 2 February 2009

The same

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. – Hebrews 13v8 

The Bible is full of comfort. God shows His love and compassion for us over and over again. I have to wonder, however, if there is anything of more practical everyday comfort and encouraging that the simple little phrase ‘Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.’ 

Why is this so comforting? He promises to be with me no matter what challenge or difficulty I face Jesus is with me. When I remember that this is the same Jesus who created everything and the same Jesus who rose victorious over death and the grave how can I help but be comforted? 

This Jesus is exactly the same as He was when He did these marvellous works. He will never change in the future. No matter how much things change Jesus is the same. If everything I depend on falls apart Jesus will be the same. If the economy collapses Jesus will be the same. If all my friends leave me Jesus will be the same. In addition to being the same He is not going anyplace, at all, ever, no matter what. 

Jesus will never leave me. Jesus never changes. What more comfort and hope could we ask for? 

No comments: