Saturday 4 October 2008

He will do it

Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it. - 1 Thessalonians 5v23-24

One thing I have learned through life is that is hard to depend on people. They constantly let us down. The truth is that we all fail. Sometimes our disappointment with people is not because are purposefully unfaithful, but because they just blow it, mess up, or forget.

I am certain that through the years I have let people down. There is no doubt about it. I have been let down by others over and over again.

But I can know one thing – the One who started my sanctification process will finish it. He will present me blameless.

One, and only One, is truly faithful. Praise God that He will do what He said and that is does not depend on me.

No comments: