Friday 17 August 2018

Sitting at the Lord's table

But you are those who have continued with Me in My trials. And I bestow upon you a kingdom, just as My Father bestowed one upon Me, that you may eat and drink at My table in My kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.” – Luke 22.28-30

Man, this passage thrills my soul! I love it because it pictures the day when we sit down  at Jesus table to break bread with Him and rejoice in all that He has done. All of the trials and troubles will be over and we will sit down to share a meal with Him – AT HIS TABLE! What a wonderful day that will be.

But, I wonder how much people miss here on earth. The Lord commands His people to look forward to that day by observing the Lord’s Table here on earth. I love our Lord’s Table at our church. Sadly, most weeks it is just a small handful of us. But I look forward to this foreshadowing of sitting down at His feast with Him in heaven. I love the fact that we get a glimpse of this amazing future event. We don’t have to wait to sit at His table – we can do it now and show our gratitude for His death and what He did for us.

Indeed, what a day that will be. But what a day every time we have to sit around and fellowship around His table as we ‘show the Lord’s death till He comes.’

No comments: