Tuesday 18 October 2016

Remember to magnify His work

 “Remember to magnify His work,
Of which men have sung.
Everyone has seen it;
Man looks on it from afar.
“Behold, God is great, and we do not know Him;
Nor can the number of His years be discovered. – Job 36.24-26

It is not always easy to see God at work in the middle of a trial. In those trial times we too often only see the trials and the trouble and the turmoil and tests.

Elihu’s reminder to Job was one I think we could all take to heart.

‘Remember to magnify the work of God.’

No matter where we are or what we are seeing or what our circumstances are we can look out at the mighty works of God and choose to magnify them rather than magnify our woes.

Our flesh will always magnify the bad things that are happening in our lives. We see the worst and we let our lives be controlled by the worst. When Peter walked on the water he magnified the storm instead of magnifying Jesus who was right in front of him. We do the same, we magnify our fears and worries and concerns more than we magnify the might workings of God.

When I fear the future I ignore the work of God in my past and I magnify the unknown. If I could magnify what God has done and is doing I will see that He will do His work in my future.


Oh magnify the Lord with me and let us exalt his name together - even when things are as dark and messed up as they are today. 

No comments: