Sunday 9 October 2016

He knows

Look, I go forward, but He is not there,
And backward, but I cannot perceive Him;
When He works on the left hand, I cannot behold Him;
When He turns to the right hand, I cannot see Him.
But He knows the way that I take;
When He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold. – Job 23.8-10

This passage is in total contrast to what David perceived in Psalm 139 –

O Lord, You have searched me and known me.
You know my sitting down and my rising up;
You understand my thought afar off.
You comprehend my path and my lying down,
And are acquainted with all my ways.
For there is not a word on my tongue,
But behold, O Lord, You know it altogether.
You have hedged me behind and before,
And laid Your hand upon me.

Everywhere he looked David sensed God – everywhere Job looked he did not see God.

But at the end they both agreed on one thing – God knows all about us and what we are going through. David sensed God’s presence, Job did not, but God was the same for them both. The wonderful truth for us is that He is still the same for us today.

No matter what you and I face today, no matter if we see it or not, God knows what we are going through this day. He knows all we ever have and all we ever will face.

But this is where faith comes into the picture. Since God knows what I am going through I must be willing to trust that He is doing right. I need to trust that He is doing best. I need to know that He is working ‘all things for good.’

He knows that is going on, and He knows that I am being refined for His use.

No comments: