Monday 18 August 2008

Delivered

He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, - Colossians 1v13

There are certain great truths in the word of God that need to never forget. In all the hustle and bustle and business, in all of the ups and downs and highs and lows, in all of the struggles and blessings we must never forget a key word. What is that word? Well, there may be many, but for me today the word is ‘delivered.’

Until the 12th of February, 1974 I was captive to the power of darkness. I walked according to the course of this world. I walked of according to the dictates of the prince of the power of the air. I was hopeless, helpless, and hapless. On that Tuesday in Chester, PA, I put my faith in Jesus Christ and a marvellous conveyance took place. At that instant God transported me from the kingdom of darkness to the kingdom of Christ. My citizenship was changed in an instant, done and dusted, it was finished.

The problem is that we have short, human, fleshly memories. Sometimes in all the everyday stuff that we face we can forget the marvellous word ‘delivered.’ My encouragement should come from the fact that since He delivered me from the kingdom of darkness he can deliver me from whatever I face today!

Today, when the tough times come and we get confused, we do well to remember the powerful ‘delivered.’ Deliverance was not only for then, His power to deliver continues on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A lot has changed in Chester, PA since that day, Roger. The shipbuilding industry dried up. Most of the manufacturing jobs that lead to the motto "What Chester Makes, Makes Chester" have disappeared. Chester is now the poorest municipality in the commonwealth.

Fortunately, things are now improving. A $550 Million dollar waterfront project is brining a Major League Soccer staduim to the City of Chester, PA and an $85 million dollar project is bringing a movie production studio to neighboring Chester Township.

To every thing there is a season, and the City of Chester is about to see a season of rebirth. If you are ever back in the area, let me know, and I will show you around.