Wednesday 28 May 2008

To the praise of His glory


In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will, that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory. - Ephesians 1v11-12

Ephesians 1 is mainly seen as a treatise on predestination or election. I purposefully jumped over that for the purpose of this collection of notes. I have my own ideas, I think I know what he is saying, but I don’t know that I know. I am really tempted to give my point of view on this, but I am going to leave it.

One thing is certain, laying all that aside, is that one kind of predestination is absolute and assured. God has predestined that His children will have an inheritance, and that those who have trusted Christ should be to the praise of His glory.

It doesn’t make sense that we do so little to the praise of His glory. Living to the praise of His glory is our destiny, yet we let so much else get in the way of doing so. Our own goals, desires, ambitions, wishes, and wants get in the way.

Every step I take today, every place I go, and every decision I make must be made in the light of the praise of His glory.

Is that my goal in life, or does the praise of my own glory get in the way?

No comments: