Sunday 28 January 2007

When my soul fainted I remembered the Lord

“When my soul fainted within me I remembered the LORD: and my prayer came in unto thee, into thine holy temple.” - Jonah 2v7

Jonah had reached rock bottom, literally. He recounted all that had happened. He was at the bottom of the ocean with seaweed wrapped around his head. It was only at the time when his “soul fainted” that he would finally remember and call on His Lord.

Sometimes today people have to reach rock bottom before they look up. The prodigal son was eating pig scraps before he realised what he had done. He finally saw the results of his sin. It was not until then that he would confess and forsake of his sin, repent, and return to his father.

When we see one we care about going further and further down we must not despair and we must keep loving them. It may be that they have to get stuck on the bottom of the ocean with no way up before they will remember and turn back to the Lord. Lets just be sure that we are there for them when that happens.

No comments: