Tuesday 23 January 2007

Thence will I bring you down

“Though thou exalt thyself as the eagle, and though thou set thy nest among the stars, thence will I bring thee down, saith the LORD.” - Obadiah 1v4

I think it is obvious by now how God feels about pride. Edom were Israel’s enemy, and they had grown in pride over their accomplishments. They had built homes in the mountains around Israel and were very confident in their own power. God said however that he would bring them down because of their pride.

Pride gets lost in itself. It gets so caught up that it makes one think he is invincible. However God lets us know that pride is not forever. “I will bring you down,” said the Lord.

As we look around today it may seem that all the “wrong” people are being exalted. Yet, one day that will change. Man exalts himself and that is temporal. When God exalts us it will be eternal.

I am looking forward to the day when the Lord turns things upside down!

No comments: