Wednesday 10 January 2007

I will heal their backsliding


“I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely: for mine anger is turned away from him.” - Hosea 14v4

Hosea is an amazing book. Over and over we read of impending judgement, bit then there are words of love and mercy. We learn a lot about the character of God in this book.

I think this is a beautiful picture, “I will heal their backslidings and love them freely.” I can almost see the image of the prodigal son’s father looking out over the fields waiting and yearning for his erring son to come home. When he sees him the fathers rushes to him and greets him with tears and open arms.

God loves His children. All He is waiting for is their repentance, to put away their sin, and return to Him. He is waiting with open arms to love them freely. It is never too late to forsake our sin, repent, and turn back to His loving arms. He is just waiting to welcome backsliders home!

No comments: