Sunday 8 August 2021

Even so, come

 

He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.”

Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus! - Revelation 22:20

 

We are blessed to have God’s patient grace giving mankind a chance to be saved. I am grateful for that and I ought to be doing all I can while I am here to serve God and share the message of grace.

 

But at the same time I would have to agree with John’s sentiment here – ‘even so come Lord Jesus.’ I think we all long for the day when we see Jesus face to face. This old world is broken and defiles and sin-cursed and it seem bent on destroying itself.

 

Jesus is coming back one day. He is coming back to pour out His grace fully and to pour out His wrath justly. When that day comes we will understand for we will be like Him. It will all make sense then

 

And then we will be with Him. From day one all of our trials and troubles will be over. I hate to sound selfish but I really long for that day because when the time comes I can rest that God is acting justly, mankind has made its choice either for or against Him, and I can enjoy eternity with Him.

 

Even so, come Lord Jesus.

No comments: