Tuesday 17 November 2020

Persisting in the race

 

For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls – Hebrews 12.3

 

Don’t be weary in well doing for in due season you will reap if you faint not.

 

How do we do that?

 

Here we see one way – consider what Jesus has been though.

 

Okay – got me there. Nothing I’ve been through can compare to what He has been through for me. Sure, I feel worn out. Sure I get tired and defeated and discouraged and angry and frustrated and bothered and sometimes I feel like I have just had it.

 

When that happens I am driven my one thing – self-centredness and  a focus on me.

 

That happens because I don’t consider Jesus who endured the greatest hostility against. He was constantly opposed and rejected. He was betrayed, arrested, and abandoned. They He was stripped and mocked and beaten and scourged and spat on and falsely accused and falsely convicted and nailed to a cross and raised and shame and had His Father turn His back on Him.

 

No, what if I do consider that? If I do, how can I honestly compare by weariness. How can I not carry on?

No comments: