Saturday 28 November 2020

Be content

 

Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” So we may boldly say: “The LORD is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?” - Hebrews 13:5-6

 

Live your lives without coveting. Be content with what God allows you to have, because you always have Jesus and He will never leave you  or forsake you. 

 

Now, let’s look at the word contentment. It doesn’t mean that we sit back with a devil may care attitude and do nothing about our circumstances. We need to work and do all we can do to improve our circumstances.

 

But there comes a time when we need to stop wanting what others have and learn to be content with what we have. That means we need to trust that God knows best about what we need. It means I really don’t know what is best for me – God does. It is far too easy to see what others have and wonder why we can’t have the same thing.

 

The truth is though that we really already have all we will ever need. We have Jesus – and that is really enough. Not only that but Jesus has said ‘I will never, ever, ever leave you and I will never ever, ever forsake you no matter what happens in this world.’

 

That’s means I need not covet anything else – I have Jesus and He knows exactly what I need. That’s a great comfort. There is PLENTY that I think I need, but He knows WHAT I NEED and He is always there with me.

 

So there’s no need to compare or complain to lack contentment. I just Jesus that I have all that I need.

No comments: