Sunday 29 November 2020

Our Helper

 

Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” So we may boldly say: “The LORD is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?” - Hebrews 13:5-6

 

The Lord is my helper. What an astounding notion – that God Himself is my helper!

 

There are a lot of times when we feel pretty helpless. The last few months have felt like we are totally hopeless and helpless in how to deal with this current situation. But we are never, ever helpless because Jesus said I will never, ever leave you or forsake you.

 

What a Helper to have. No one can help like He can help. He loves me, He cares for me, I am His, and He is my helper in every situation. Nothing is too much to handle – because I don’t have to handle it. Nothing in too hard – because nothing is too hard for Jesus. There is no impossible situation because nothing is impossible with God.

 

The Lord in MY helper. It is not a vague concept but a very profound truth. Even when we feel at our weakest and most vulnerable, we need not be afraid, because Jesus is right there by our sides.

 

The problem is that we too often don’t recognise that and we try to get along on our own. When that happens we are going to fail.

 

We must lean on Him and let Him help in those times of trouble. He is always there waiting to help.

 

No comments: