Thursday 2 January 2020

I can't even imagine



To follow up on yesterdays post God gives us the great encouragement on how to be filled with the fullness of His glory and let that been seen in our lives.

What trials or tests or chances or opportunities do we see for the year again? What can we do about them?

But wait, that is not the question we should be asking. The question is ‘what can God do about them?’ How much can God do in 2020?

I just started my 2020 journal. Both 2019 and 2020 lay here beside me. 2019 is full, used up, looking worn and tattered. 2020 is brand new with 366 clean days ahead. God is done with what He is going to do with 2019, but 2020 is clear and ready and full of potential.

So, what can God do?

Literally exceedingly, abundantly, above all we can ask or think.

Read that again.

Exceedingly
Abundantly
More than I can ask for
More than I can think about

God is able to do far more than I can even think or imagine in the year to come! He has given us a really good 2019 – but what does He have in store? More than I can imagine.

Now that is not to say that 2020 is going to go the way I want it to. It doesn’t mean the year is going to be full of great victories and successes. But it does mean that God can do more than I can imagine even in the times that I can’t see what He is doing!

So we go! Let’s see what God has in store for us and not be limited by what we can imagine!  

No comments: