Thursday 28 September 2017

Where is the word of the Lord?

Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; Save me, and I shall be saved, For You are my praise. Indeed they say to me, "Where is the word of the LORD? Let it come now!" – Jeremiah 17.14-15

This taunt of ‘where is the word of the Lord?’ or, in essence, ‘where is your God?’ is one that has always afflicted God’s people. We live by faith and we trust God and we talk about Him and when people don’t see Him work they say ‘where is this God of yours? Why isn’t He helping?’

If we aren’t careful we might join their chorus. If our hope is in our expectation or our plans or our desires then we might well say ‘where is this word of the Lord in my life?’ When He doesn’t act according to our plans or our wisdom we may be tempted to ask ‘where is God in all this?’

I don’t know about you, but I have been there. I have wondered why God is in this or that situation.

Those are the times when we discover if our faith is real. Can I trust God and His word even when I don’t sense their reality in my life?

We walk by faith, not by sight. I walk by faith in the word of God because it is the only answer. Instead of asking ‘where is the word of God?’ my thought ought to be ‘let’s see how God is going to sort this out.’


God’s word is still there – what are we doing with it? 

No comments: