Friday 15 September 2017

Arise

"Therefore prepare yourself and arise, And speak to them all that I command you. Do not be dismayed before their faces, Lest I dismay you before them. For behold, I have made you this day A fortified city and an iron pillar, And bronze walls against the whole land— Against the kings of Judah, Against its princes, Against its priests, And against the people of the land. They will fight against you, But they shall not prevail against you. For I am with you," says the LORD, "to deliver you." – Jeremiah 1.17-19

Mary and I are still getting back into full schedule mode after a typical slow and quiet August. August is a bit like Christmas in the way that in Ireland most folks kind of slip into a slow, quiet laziness, er, lethargy. It is a big deal to have to get up and face a busy daily schedule. I always need a little push to get back up and get back in the game.

Jeremiah needed a little push – so God gave it to him.

Get up
Get ready
Don’t be dismayed
I will give you the strength to stand
I will protect you

That’s twice in one message where God clearly told Jeremiah what He would do for him. How could Jeremiah doubt?

But then I ask myself how often I doubt God even though His word is so clear and His promises so profound.

It is time to stop doubting God. It is high time to wake up out of our sleep. It’s time to get up, to get ready, and to get busy serving our Lord.


No comments: