Saturday 9 September 2017

I will mention the Lord

I will mention the lovingkindnesses of the LORD And the praises of the LORD, According to all that the LORD has bestowed on us, And the great goodness toward the house of Israel, Which He has bestowed on them according to His mercies, According to the multitude of His lovingkindnesses. – Isaiah 63.7

There are a lot of things that I am quick to mention in conversation. I am quick to talk about the weather, or sports, or the news, or politics, or just about anything and I usually have an opinion on everything. I am not embarrassed to raise my voice on many topics.

But when I think about how often, or seldom, I am willing to talk about the Lord I wonder how I cannot speak up for Him. Why is it so hard to make mention of Him and His works in my daily conversation? What does mentioning Him always feel forced?

How hard would be for us to acknowledge God in our conversations with simple things like ‘God has certainly given us a lovely day today’ or ‘thank God that He took care of me during my recent illness’ or ‘we’ll get through this, God has it covered.’

It makes no sense that we are embarrassed to make mention of all that God does for us. We claim that He is the most important thing in the world to us – but we don’t always talk about it.


I am sure I have mentioned this concept before, but it must be important because God keep bringing it up. Let’s look for every opportunity we have to talk about our Lord. It’s our chance to begin introduce our own relationship to God and that could be the door to sharing more about our relationship to Him. 

No comments: