Thursday 12 June 2014

Complete in Him

and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power. – Colossians 2.10

What completes you? That would be a great survey question. I would love to see the variety of answers.

My family completes me
My church completes me
My marriage completes me
My work completes me
My volunteer work completes
My children (or grandchildren) complete

These are all good things. They all play a role in our lives - but for the believer they can do nothing to complete us.

We find our completeness in Christ alone. He has done it all. If I were a better writer perhaps I could express my thoughts better than this wonderful hymn - but I can't put it any better.

Complete in Thee! no work of mine
May take, dear Lord, the place of Thine;
Thy blood hath pardon bought for me,
And I am now complete in Thee.

Yea, justified! O blessed thought!
And sanctified! Salvation wrought!
Thy blood hath pardon bought for me,
And glorified, I too, shall be!

Complete in Theeno more shall sin,
Thy grace hath conquered, reign within;
Thy voice shall bid the tempter flee,
And I shall stand complete in Thee.

Complete in Theeeach want supplied,
And no good thing to me denied;
Since Thou my portion, Lord, wilt be,
I ask no more, complete in Thee.

Dear Saviour! when before Thy bar
All tribes and tongues assembled are,
Among Thy chosen will I be,

At Thy right handcomplete in Thee.

No comments: