Thursday 5 June 2014

Christ in me

To them (the saints) God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. - Colossians 1.27

This is another one of those mind boggling truths. I can't grasp it and try as I might I really can't explain it. How can Christ, God Himself, the Creator and Sustainer of all, be in someone like me? How can He dwell in such a vessel? 

I guess I can't get it because I am me and God is God. He says it and because He says it is true and because it is true I can believe it whether I fully understand it or not. 

The folks in Old Testament days only got a glimpse of what God had in store for His people. Their hope was limited and the vision dimmed. But when Christ came and died and rose again and ascended to heaven God willed to make the riches of His glory known to all the saints. And it wasn't just the Jewish saints, it was the Gentile saints as well.

Apart from that we live in a pretty hopeless world. Everything we try falls short. In Ecclesiastes the Preacher wrote 'vanity of vanities, all in vanity' and indeed any thing we have is vain apart from Christ in us.


Christ in me makes all the difference. While we may never have any worldly riches we can be assured that all the riches of glory are our though Christ. We may never receive much praise or glory here on earth, but because of Christ in me I have all the knowledge that one day I will share in all of the glories of eternity with my God. 

No comments: