Friday 17 May 2013

Glorified


Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified. – Romans 8.30

It is wonderful that salvation is so simple. It is wonderful that it only requires the faith of a child. I am glad we don't have to fully understand all that is involved in salvation, but there is a lot involved. Here alone we read that predestinated, called, justified, and glorified us.

I get the fact that I was predestined to be conformed to the image of Christ. I understand that the Holy Spirit called me to salvation. I am grateful that I have been justified in Christ.

But glorified? Past tense? I have been glorified?

That is a little harder to grasp. I don’t feel glorified. I don’t often act glorified.

But I already am – that’s what the Bible says. I am already glorified.

That lets me know that there is no question about my eternal fate. My glorification is already accomplished. It was done on the cross as I was glorified with Christ. My eternity is secure. Heaven is my home.

That being the case this song should be my theme:

In my life Lord be glorified, be glorified
In my life Lord, be glorified today.

No comments: