Wednesday 3 October 2012

No means cast out




And Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst. But I said to you that you have seen Me and yet do not believe. All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out. – John 6.35-37

I know that there are a lot of debates on this topic. I know that some reading this will disagree with my conclusion. That’s okay, but I find a great deal of comfort in these couple of verses.

Jesus said here that He was the bread of life. He said that whoever came to Him would never hunger. He said that whoever believed in Him would never thirst. He said that anyone who came to Him would by no means be cast out.

Never. Never. By no means.

And then we have words like ‘I will never leave you or forsake you.’

I certainly don’t know all the details, but it surely seems that when Jesus came into my life He came in to stay.  

No comments: