Wednesday 30 November 2011

Jesus’ feet




How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news, Who proclaims peace, Who brings glad tidings of good things, Who proclaims salvation, Who says to Zion, "Your God reigns!" – Isaiah 52v7

I don’t find feet attractive. In fact, I think feet are ugly. I don’t think I have ever noticed a pair of feet and thought, ‘My, those are nice looking feet!’

I am glad we have foot doctors like I am glad we have dentists. Those are two jobs I would never want. Feet are smelly, wrinkled, calloused, crooked and they have corns and bunions and all kinds of stuff. Yuck!

So it is interesting to me to read about ‘beautiful feet’ in the Bible.

I realise this picture of ‘beautiful feet’ has been overplayed and overused in missions conferences and such through the years, but that does not negate the importance of the message itself.

Here God clearly recognises the true beauty feet that are busy taking His word to the world. ‘How beautiful are the feet are Him who bring good news, Who proclaims peace, Who brings good tidings, Who proclaim salvation.’

Obviously the passage is primarily concerned with Messiah. His are the original beautiful feet. They are beautiful feet carrying a great message.

But I don’t think the application stops there. When Jesus left He told us to keep carrying His message. He told us to go into all the world and preach the gospel. He told us, in essence, to have feet like His feet.

Lord, give me beautiful feet like Jesus’ feet! 

2 comments:

Diva of Death said...

I've always loved feet and hands. In college (art major) they were my favorite subject matter. I love them because to me they truly reflect ones life lived, not to mention the connection with scriptures..

Naas Preacher said...

Good perspective. I need to check in with an artist for a better perspective :-)