Saturday 26 November 2011

Righteousness is near




"Listen to Me, you stubborn-hearted, Who are far from righteousness: I bring My righteousness near, it shall not be far off; My salvation shall not linger. And I will place salvation in Zion, For Israel My glory. – Isaiah 46v12-13

Today’s thought is something of a continuation of yesterdays. When I look around at all the wickedness going on around me I can get angry, frustrated, and even a little self-righteous. I look at people and their sin and their mockery of God and just think that they all deserve all the wrath that God can pour out on them.

But listen to the heart of God hear – ‘Listen to me you stubborn hearted and who are far from righteousness. Pay attention. I have something to say. Even though you are stubborn and have no regard for righteousness I bring My righteousness near to you. My salvation is not far off.’

This is the God-heart to look out over Jerusalem and be ‘moved with compassion’ when He say them like sheep without a shepherd. It is the same God-heart that loved us even while we were His enemies. It is the same God-heart that sent His Son to die for our sins because He loved us so much.

It is this love that brought righteousness near to those who were far from it.

When I compare my attitude toward these stubborn people with God’s I am afraid I fall far short. And who I am to take that kind of attitude when God tells me ‘and such were all of you?’

Lord, help to see this wicked generation the way You do. Help me to share Your righteousness with them. 

No comments: