Monday 21 November 2011

I’m gonna hold your hand




For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, Saying to you, 'Fear not, I will help you.' – Isaiah 41v13

Sometimes God uses the most precious pictures to show us how He cares for us. Here we have an especially tender picture.

Being Grampy now allows me the precious opportunity to care for young children again. We get to do things and go places with our grandkids. Sometimes we go to unknown places and some of the kids are not comfortable there. It is such a pleasure when, in those moments, one of the kids will reach up and take me by the hand for that little bit of comfort and encouragement. Maddie is a hand-holder. Sometimes she wants to hold a hand just to be there with by our sides. As rambunctious as AJ can be when he is in a new place he likes to walk around hand holding for a while till he gets his bearings.

A young child seems to draw strength and encouragement from holding our hands. It is a joy to give that. I can’t think a whole lot I enjoy more than walking hand in hand with one of the grandkids.

Hand-holding is kind of special. It is a picture of love and togetherness. It is a sign of compassion and protection and comfort. It really is a nice part of life.

Here God makes a precious promise – ‘I will hold your right hand, saying ‘don’t be afraid, I am with you.’’

Isn’t that a great picture? How much comfort could we take today if we knew that God was right there holding our hand no matter what we face today? If we knew that God was right there holding our hand would we fear the day?

The great truth is that He is. No matter what is on our plate for today if we are His child He is right there holding our hand. May we draw strength and courage from Him. 

No comments: