Tuesday 13 October 2009

Jehovah-Jireh

And Abraham called the name of the place, The-LORD-Will-Provide; as it is said to this day, "In the Mount of the LORD it shall be provided." – Genesis 22v14

Jehovah-jireh - the Lord will provide. What a blessed name and what a blesses assurance. We act on faith when we know the reality of Jehova-jireh.

Abraham knew this was coming. When Isaac asked where the lamb was Abraham answered 'The Lord will provide a lamb.'

I find one of the toughest lessons that I have to deal with is to trust God's provision. It is difficult for me to see sometimes that God is going to provide when I can't see an answer to the need. To
often it seems like there just is no answer.

It is the depending on sight that gets me into trouble. Seeing is the great conundrum. I want to be the one who provides because deep down I think that I know the best answer.

Abraham didn't know how God was going to provide. He just knew that God would. He marked the event by naming the place Jehovah-jireh.

We have all watched God provide in the past It is important that we mark those times to remind ourselves that God does indeed provide.

The Lord is Jehovah-jireh. It is His nature to provide.We will save ourselves a lot of heartache when we learn that aspect of His nature.


No comments: