Tuesday 1 January 2008

Of Him, to Him, and through Him

“For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen.” - Romans 11v36

This is a great passage on which to start 2008. Paul has just finished another deeply theological section of this letter when he returns to a practical and God focused reminder.

We may not always get everything about theology. We may never understand all the mysteries of prophecy and election, but no matter what there are some things we simply need to cop on to.

What a year 2008 will be if I can remember some basic truths. Everything I do is to be done of him, in God’s power. Everything I do should be through Him, and everything need to done as to Him. If I do that than 2008 will be a year where He will receive the glory.

And what is my purpose after all? Is it not to glorify Him?

Remind me Father in 2008 that all I encounter is of You, through You, and should be done to You so that You alone will receive the glory.

No comments: