Wednesday 1 August 2007

Constantly abiding

“Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;” - John 8v31

There is a real blessing available for God’s children which is also the greatest evidence of whether or not we are truly His. The real mark of a Christian is continuing in Christ.

Some claim that one must “continue on” in order to stay saved. The wonderful truth is that if one is truly saved he will continue on abiding in Him. “Constantly abiding” is the greatest evidence of “Jesus is mine.”

This is such a wonderful blessing. Abiding in Christ means that I can constantly depend and rely on Him instead of myself. Abiding in Christ means that I don’t have to do it all myself. Abiding in Christ means that I do have a source and a strength so much greater than myself.

Constantly abiding – indeed Jesus is mine!

No comments: