Thursday 30 August 2007

Christ in us

“O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me. And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.” - John 17v25-26

Christ summarised this amazing prayer with two simple prayer requests that summarise the entire prayer.

That the same love that the Father has for the Son would be in us

That He, Christ, would be in us

We have read a lot about love in the last few chapters. It is obvious that love is vital to all we do. In fact, it is the love that Jesus prayed about here that should motive, constrain, and compel us to do God’s work.

The last few words here are an extra special blessing. Jesus prayed, “that I may be in them.” This is tremendously powerful. Christ in me means that I face nothing on my own. Christ in me means that where I go, He goes. It means that the things I choose to do, the sites I choose to look at, and the thoughts that I choose to dwell on are all shared intimately with Him. It also means that the life we live in Him we n longer live alone, but that it is now “Christ lives in me!” It means that we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us. It means, at the end of the day, that we are NEVER alone because Christ is in us.

Praise God for Christ in me!!!

No comments: