Friday 16 February 2007

Yet I will rejoice

“Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labor of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. To the chief singer on my stringed instruments.” - Habakkuk 3v17-19

After all was said and done Habakkuk truly figured it out. He realised that God’s methods and God’s ways are not always going to be His ways. Even after God laid things out for him he did not understand, so he came to a conclusion – I will still rejoice.

Habakkuk said, “I don’t care if the fig trees don’t blossom, if the grapes fail, if the olives don’t produce, f the crops fail, if the sheep and the cattle all die – even then I am going to rejoice in the Lord.”

How could he say that? He because He had learned that he was not the source of his power and he was not the source of His stability. He knew that the truth of “The Lord is my strength. The Lord will let me walk numbly above all this stuff! He knew the truth of Ephesians 2 where the Lord will lift us up to the high places!

If we could have the same perspective we could learn to say “I will rejoice” in the Lord no matter what the circumstances!”

No comments: